The Major League Soccer Expansion Draft for new club Los Angeles FC begins Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET.
LAFC can select five players, one per club, from the unprotected lists of 11 players released over the weekend.
You can watch the draft below and Massive Report will also provide live updates and analysis as the draft progresses.
- Now that the draft is complete, the trade and free agency window is open so we will see plenty of moves in MLS.
- The broadcast suggests that TFC could have something in the works to get Edwards back.
- Edwards could be a good addition for LAFC. Has played both as an attacking winger and as a fullback. He was one many expected to go in this draft and he did it.
- The final pick of the expansion draft is Raheem Edwards from Toronto FC.
- Crew SC are now off the board, no more players can be taken by LAFC. But the Black & Gold lose an experienced fullback who played well for the team this year.
- The fourth pick for LAFC is Jukka Raitala from Columbus Crew SC.
- LAFC’s third pick is Marco Urena from the San Jose Earthquakes, a Costa Rican national team player.
- According to the broadcast, Blessing has his green card and doesn’t take up an international spot, which is a big deal.
- Pick two for LAFC is attacker Latif Blessing from Sporting Kansas City.
- Miller is a cheaper guy, so that makes sense. We’ll have to see if Miller is ready to play solid minutes in MLS.
- First pick for LAFC is goalkeeper Tyler Miller from the Seattle Sounders. Interesting. I don’t think many people expected that. Only two starts for the young goalkeeper.
- Just some talk going on right now. Of course MLS isn’t just going to get this over with.